Following lockdown we like most other organisations started to work from home and our face to face service was put on hold, however government guidelines and current restrictions permitting we are now able to offer some appointments for issues that cannot be dealt with effectively over the phone or by email.
We are a major provider of quality assured advice and information in the Nuneaton and Bedworth area.
We give people the knowledge and confidence they need to find their way forward - whoever they are and whatever their problem. We aim to improve the policies and practices that affect people's lives. We offer confidential advice online over the phone and in person for free and we have advice-lines operating between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday and you can email us at email@example.com for advice.
Please see www.brancab.org.uk for more details.
- Carry out casework for debt or other money management issues
- Carry out casework for welfare benefits appeals
- Give support to people with Initial Universal Credit claims via the Universal Credit Help to Claim line.
- Give advice to carer's and MS suffers and their family members
- Help people complete welfare benefits claim forms such as Personal Independence Payment over the telephone.
- Give advice regarding any energy issue.
We also continue to deliver our Breakthrough project where a Money Mentor can assist clients or members of their family who are registered unemployed or economically inactive to remove barriers and help them to be in a better position to seek work such as:
- dealing with any kind of generalist advice issue that stops them from moving on with their lives
- develop a plan of action to help achieve life goals discuss ways to make the most of their income and maximise it where possible
- finding ways to boost confidence where and how to gain appropriate qualifications
For frontline workers in Warwickshire one of the best ways of contacting us to refer a service user is via the LAW Referral System. If you are not already registered on the system all you need to do us contact us to request the necessary link.
Advice-line numbers are as follows: Local Adviceline (Bedworth Rugby and Nuneaton): Freephone 0808 250 5715 - Monday to Friday - 9.00am-5.00pm
Universal Credit Help To Claim Line: 0800 144 8444 Monday to Friday - 9am - 5pm
The citizens advice Nuneaton office is situated at the Town Hall, Coton Road, Nuneaton, CV11 5AA - We operate a drop in service on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 10am - 2pm. There is easy wheelchair access for this location.
The citizens advice Bedworth office is situated at 25 Congreve Walk, Bedworth, CV12 8LX - We operate a drop in service on Monday and Friday between 10am - 2pm. Two floor building has lift for easy wheelchair access