Community based service for autistic adults in Coventry & Warwickshire, part of Coventry & Warwickshire Mind.
Who is it for?
Autistic adults (diagnosed, awaiting diagnosis or those that think they may be autistic) * Age 18 years + * Living in Coventry & Warwickshire (registered with a GP in this area) * Individuals not currently accessing or eligible for learning disability support
What We Offer
Support is aimed at providing individuals with the opportunity to:
- Understand autism and how it affects them individually
- Increase self-help strategies to better manage their emotional and mental wellbeing
- Feel more confident to engage with others and community activities
- Positively move forward independently to a more fulfilling life
Peer Support Groups
Informal safe spaces to meet others who may be experiencing similar difficulties. We offer fortnightly groups as follows:
- 18 years+ groups, in Stratford, Nuneaton, Rugby and Coventry
- 18-25 year old (Young Adult) Peer Support Groups in Stratford, Nuneaton and Coventry.
- A fortnightly online group (18+) for those who may not be able to access the face-to-face groups.
Individuals are invited to join one session per fortnight. Please contact us to find out more about these sessions.
Autism Education Course
This programme is for autistic adults (diagnosed, awaiting diagnosis or those that think they may be autistic) and looks at how adults are affected by autism; what challenges it brings (along with the positives); and where to seek support, with room for discussion and learning from each other. For current availability of our courses, and to book a place visit http://caass.eventbrite.co.uk .
For further course updates or to find out about courses that are not listed on Eventbrite please contact us.
Information and Signposting
We can provide one off information and signposting support via telephone or email, with one of our support workers via email or a pre-arranged 10-15 minute telephone call.