Dear Life is a suicide prevention website for people in Coventry and Warwickshire who are desperately seeking support or anyone who is worried about a loved one or someone they know.
Created by local health and social care professionals, www.dearlife.org.uk provides a range of support and signposting to vital services for residents who don’t know where to turn for help to address complicated and negative thoughts and feelings.
Partners including Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust, Warwickshire County Council, Coventry City Council and NHS services developed Dear Life to:
- signpost residents in Coventry and Warwickshire to the local and national suicide prevention support
- provide steps to help someone who is worried about their own, or someone else’s, wellbeing
- build safer communities by raising awareness of suicide prevention training opportunities
- remove the myths around suicide and encourage people to talk openly about their mental health
- support people who have been bereaved by suicide
- give help and advice in maintaining good mental health.
The website also enables people to share their experiences with a blog. Through our partners and charities, people can submit stories about mental health and suicide to encourage people to open up and talk about this topic. It is hoped this will help to open up conversations about suicide by helping people to recognise it’s okay not to feel okay and help is available, and at the same time create a culture of kindness across Coventry and Warwickshire.